A Tough Job

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

This past weekend has been my toughest in parenthood yet. We experienced our baby's first fever and I of course  called the doctor and they told us to take her to the children's hospital. Did I mention we had to go there instead of our actual peds. office, because outside it was beginning to snow crazy amounts. So we get to the hospital and they took her temperature again and sure enough it was 102. So they had to run all these tests to make sure it wasn't bacterial. I guess when babies are this young they can't take any chances. Thank goodness it ended up just being a viral cold, but after 2 days in the hospital I felt like a emotional mess. It was something that I don't ever want to experience again but I know that kids get sick. I never knew how hard it was to watch your child be sick and not be able to do anything about it. You feel helpless as a parent and want to go trough each sniffle and ache instead of them.  I'm so happy her fever is down and that she's feeling worlds of better. She's my little peanut and I love her so much. Scarlett lets not get sick for a long time again. OK great!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Appreciated

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger