Tried and True Thursday

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Carpet Cleaners


I first looked into carpet cleaners when I spilt coffee all over my white dining room rug! I ran to the store and got something called Triple Action something spot remover. I quickly got home and sprayed ( or poured) that all over my stain. I almost threw up at the smell. It was disgusting! Plus, the stain was still there! As soon as I got over the fact that I paid 12.99 for a bottle of crap I got on the Internet to research natural stain removers for carpet. I also turned that nasty bottle over to find a whole slew of ingredients I couldn't even pronounce! There are a ton of natural stain carpet removers on the Internet that you can try, but after trying a bunch of combinations, I found this one to be my favorite and easiest to put together in a flash!




Mix 1 cup water with 1/4 teaspoon of liquid dish detergent in one bowl.

Mix 2 cups water with 1 cup distilled vinegar in another bowl.


What you do:

1. Vacuum the area you want to clean.

2. Take your water and dish detergent mixture, dip a clean rag in it and blot stained area.

3. Now, take your vinegar mixture and blot the stained area until the stain disappears in front of you eyes! ;)

See easy peasy! Now, I am sure you all have these ingredients in your house and I am sure you are like me and have a hidden stain somewhere in your house. Happy Cleaning!'

*Next time I will put each of these mixtures in a spray bottle so I will have them ready to go when I need them. By the way I only use the dish detergent mixture on most of my stains around the house and I only use the vinegar one if the stain is really bad. Here is the before and after of a stain that has been bothering me for a while.

 Before

After

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Appreciated

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger