Getting your body back after pregnancy

Friday, January 3, 2014

I have contemplated writing this post so many times...but I ultimately thought I would share my experience with losing weight after pregnancy to maybe help some of you new moms out there.

I have always been naturally thin, could eat anything I wanted to type of person...ya, I know so not fair. Well I totally assumed when I became pregnant that I would be the same way in the means of not gaining a ton of pregnancy weight and then losing it right aways after I delivered. I was soooo wrong. I gained around 55-60lbs! I ate pretty healthy through my pregnancy, but I indulged way to much on sweets...people we are talking sweets for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! My doctor even told me to stop eating sweets, before I came in for my appointments, because my urine tests resulted in to much sugar! Ugh...I unfortunately didn't crave the healthy stuff during my pregnancy, I craved the yummy chocolate stuffed croissants! So, after I had Scarlett I expected to lose a ton of weight, but I didn't. I mean I lost some, but nothing dramatic. I took it easy those first few months, just eating healthy and enjoying my baby girl (I am so happy, I didn't focus on the weight during that time) But after 3 months I decided to find some type of fitness class. I chose Fusion which is here in Kansas. It is freaking HARD! I still credit losing most of my weight to taking those classes for 2-3months straight. But after that 2-3 months my package ran out, so I stopped going. I still had weight to lose and toning to do! I was 6 months out and still had about 10lbs left to lose. Now, it's been 1 year since I was pregnant and I'm pretty close to where I was before I had Scarlett and I'm happy with that. I did nothing crazy to lose the weight other then Fusion, which actually felt so good to do and I hope I can get back into it soon, I just ate healthy and worked out when I found the time. My body is no where near what it looked like before I had a baby and I don't think I want it too. I love knowing that my body carried my beautiful little girl, it's a truly such a miracle as corny as that sounds. With that being said I do have some tips to share about losing baby weight.

1. Find a time to work out that works for you. When I tried figuring this out I just assumed that I had to workout in the morning, because isn't that what everyone else did? Wrong! My best time to work out is right when I put Scarlett down(6 PM) and right before I make dinner. We eat late and Scarlett goes down pretty early as of now, so this has been the best time for me to workout.

2. Buy cute workout clothes. Seriously people it works! Does wearing your old college t-shirt and some baggy shorts make you want to work out? no! These are my favorite pants and shirts. Pricey but worth it.

3. Eat healthy, but indulge. We eat healthy breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but we also have sweets occasionally. I love eating and I love being healthy, but being healthy doesn't mean giving up everything. That's ridiculous!

4. Listen to music. I absolutely cannot workout without music. I put my headphones on turn on the Lana Del Rey Pandora Station and I'm ready.

5. Lastly, if all else fails and you still have zero motivation turn on your previously recorded Victoria Secret Fashion Show and you will soon be motivated to get your work out on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Appreciated

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger