When I'm craving something sweet

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Or alternate title: When I want cake I eat this!

I have to have something sweet almost every single day. Sweets are my weakness, they were when I was pregnant with Scarlett and they still are with this pregnancy. Heck they are even when I'm not pregnant. So, I'm sure this is nothing new in the recipe department. Actually, I think there are many versions of making this, but this is my favorite and my little way of tricking myself into thinking I'm eating some fancy desert.



Vanilla Chia Seed pudding

1/4 cup chia seeds
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup almond milk or vanilla almond milk
honey to taste
a good helping of shredded coconut ( I just guess)

Mix all of the above together and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes. Enjoy. At this point I add a little more honey if it's not sweet enough.

Some people don't like the jelly consistency of chia seeds, but we all love them in my house so this has been a great little alternative for when you want cake! We still eat cake, we just take a break sometimes;)
This is the before picture of putting the pudding in the refrigerator. It thickens a lot once it's ready.

1 comment:

  1. I've made this a few times and love it. I tend to have it in the morning for breakfast with fruit or as a day time snack. @FITNESSNLIFESTYLE

    ReplyDelete

Comments Appreciated

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger