That dinner you make when your husband works late...

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

My hubby works late a lot of nights and they will order out at the office, so that leaves me just preparing dinner for myself and Scarlett. When Wes is here I will always make a big meal, nothing complicated but a main dish and some sides. But when he works late this is my go to. It seems completely random, but I always feel so healthy and satisfied after I eat this.

First up I always bake some sweet potatoes (around 4 or 5 little ones or 2 big ones), I like to cut mine up and sprinkle with some seasoning and olive oil.

*layer on baking sheet with parchment paper
*sprinkle with your favorite seasoning (try garlic, paprika, or cumin)
*Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes

While those are baking I always make a green salad, usually its whatever veggies I have on hand. Tonight I had only tomatoes and cucumbers so I added a little peppered feta.

*baby tomatoes
*cucumbers
*feta
*salt and pepper
*olive oil


That's it and I swear you will feel fully satisfied after eating those sweet potatoes. They are loaded with nutrients and vitamins. What are your go to meals when you are on your own?

1 comment:

  1. This is a lot healthier than what I do when David isn't home for dinner. My go to is a bowl of cereal or popcorn. I will be trying your sweet potatoes though. We eat those once a week or more so it would be good to switch it up from my normal mashed with cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments Appreciated

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger